2 Nights/3 Days Downstream Itinerary
(2 Nights/3 Days)
Physically active expedition style cruise
|DAY 1: Friday||ARRIVE GUWAHATI/ SILGHAT/ MV MAHABAAHU|
|DAY 2: Saturday||A VILLAGE VISIT/ FULL DAY SAIL/ PEACOCK ISLAND|
|DAY 3: Sunday||GUWAHATI/ KAMAKHYA TEMPLE VISIT/ DEPARTURE|
Click here for ROUTEMAP
Day 1 (FRIDAY): ARRIVE GUWAHATI/ SILGHAT/ MV MAHABAAHU
On arrival at the airport’, we are met at the receiving area with packed lunch. The drive to Silghat takes us about 5 hours. On arrival at Silghat, we are welcomed on board the M.V. Mahabaahu.
Evening we get together for the traditional Assamese theme dinner.
Overnight on board M.V. Mahabaahu (B, L, D)
DAY 2 (SATURDAY): A VILLAGE VISIT / FULL DAY SAIL / PEACOCK ISLAND
We catch up on Yoga on an island or on the deck for an hour and move on to breakfast while MV Mahabaahu lifts anchor and heads on towards an island that is occupied predominantly by a angle speaking Muslim community who are involved in extensive farming. After breakfast we enjoy a talk on ‘Kamakhya and the Occult and Peacock Island and then proceed for a visit to get an insight on village life
We return to the ship for lunch and sail towards the Peacock Island that is home to some Golden Langurs.
After the Peacock island visit, we sail towards Pandu Port and anchor at a jetty. We get ready for the Farewell Dinner ‘AlvidaBhoj’ and enjoy a relaxed evening.
Overnight on board M.V. Mahabaahu (B, L, D)
DAY 8 (SUNDAY): GUWAHATI / KAMAKHYA TEMPLE VISIT / DEPARTURE
We have a relaxed breakfast.
The crew on board organises our transport and with packed lunch we drive to the Kamakhya Temple. This Temple is devoted to the eternal feminine; the goddess of desire whose name is Kama Khya, granter of desires.
We arrive at the International airport with packed lunch in Guwahati and bid farewell to the land of Kamakhya
(B, packed L)
End of 2 nights 3 days Downstream Cruise on M.V.Mahabaahu on the Brahmaputra River in Assam, India
Inclusions & Exclusions:
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES: -
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis on a full board plan
- All Entrance fees at the Monuments and National Parks as per the itinerary.
- 1 Glass of Domestic wine/beer with Farewell and Welcome dinners.
- All excursions/lectures/performances and activities as per the itinerary.
- Services of English speaking Naturalist/ Destination Manager during sightseeing at all the places as per the itinerary.
- Assistance on all Arrival & Departure transfers with Representative at the airport and Land transport by Air-Conditioned vehicles (Air-conditioned vehicles at Majuli Island are subject to availability).
THE ABOVE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE: -
- Expense of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, internet, imported wines & spirits, camera/video camera fee at monuments/National Park, medical expenses, Salon/massages, airport departure tax etc.
- Any Insurance.
- Any further tax levied by the government of India.
- Evacuation charges in case of medical emergencies, insurance is available on request.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and airplanes delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, taxes, lost luggage, etc.
- GST 5%
- Any tipping.
- International & Domestic Air fares.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement of peak period from 20th Dec'16 till 10th Jan'17 will be advised on booking request for that period.
WEATHER AND SEASONAL INFORMATION:
There are four distinct seasons in Assam -summer, monsoon, autumn and winter. The best time to visit Assam is in the autumn and winter seasons, i.e. from October to April, which is also the festive season of Assam.
While winter days are usually sunny, the temperature can fall to 8 degrees Celsius (46 F) at night. Our cabins are air conditioned and heated for your comfort, but you should include warm clothing, hats and jackets in your packing when visiting during the winter months.
Kaziranga National Park is open from 15th October until the 30th of April. During the first half of Please note, there are no elephant-backed or jeep safaris between May and the first half of October. Boat safaris will be offered instead during these months. During the months that the Kaziranga National Park is closed, we are able to explore the shores of the Park with our expedition boats. We will cruise the Park shoreline and many of the riverine islands that are home to a number of animals and a wide variety of birds.
During the peak winter season of mid-December to mid-February, the itinerary will be adjusted according to daylight hours as the M.V. Mahabaahu does not sail during darkness. In order to provide for full coverage of the Kaziranga National Park during these winter months, we will not visit Bishwanath Ghat.
RIVER CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
River cruising in this part of the world is an adventurous experience. Assam is still in the developing stages of tourism and the developing infrastructure is rushing to keep pace with the rapidly growing interest in this part of India. As such, our voyage is an expedition-style cruise with all creature comforts on-board. Our shore-side staff will make every effort to attend to your comfort during onshore expeditions. However, vehicles and roads may not be of the same standard that you have experienced elsewhere, although we use the best of what is available locally.
Please note, this itinerary is subject to weather and river conditions. The Captain/Cruise Director reserves the right to adjust the itinerary for passenger safety and comfort. The Brahmaputra River is subject to seasonal fluctuations. Islands and sand bars can appear and disappear between one sailing and the next. Also, being one of the highest precipitation zones in the world, our program is subject to weather and River conditions. Also, we reserve the right to convert the direction of the cruise from downstream to upstream or vice versa without any compensation.