(2 Night / 3 Day Cruise)
|DAY 1: Sunday||
GUWAHATI/ KAMAKHYA TEMPLE/ MV MAHABAAHU/ PEACOCK ISLAND/ SAIL
|DAY 2: Monday||A VILLAGE VISIT/ FULL DAY SAIL|
|DAY 3: Tuesday||SAIL TO SILGHAT/ VISIT TEA ESTATE AND/OR JUTE MILL/ DEPARTURE|
Click here for ROUTEMAP
Day 1 (SUNDAY): GUWAHATI/ KAMAKHYA TEMPLE/ MV MAHABAAHU/ PEACOCK ISLAND/ SAIL
(MV MAHABAAHU SETS SAIL AT 14:00 HOURS)
Arrive at Guwahati International Airport and with packed lunch we drive to the Kamakhya Temple. This Temple is devoted to the eternal Feminine- the goddess of desire whose name is Kama Khya, granter of desires.
After the Temple visit, we drive towards Pandu Port where an Assamese welcome aboard the MV Mahabaahu awaits us. After the essential safety briefing and a short presentation on the Peacock Island that is famous for its highly endangered Golden Langur, we check into our cabins.
All gather on the open deck to enjoy the first sail and scan the river for a fleeting sight of the Gangetic Dolphins. We visit the Peacock Island and return to MV Mahabaahu where we enjoy a talk on 'Kamakhya and the Occult in Assam'.
An evening in the Soma Lounge followed by the ‘Kamrup Swaagat Bhoj’—a sit down welcome dinner completes the day.
Overnight on board MV Mahabaahu (packed L, D)
Day 2 (MONDAY): A VILLAGE VISIT/ FULL DAY SAIL
MV Mahabaahu lifts anchor early. We enjoy Yoga on the deck for an hour and move on to breakfast, while MV Mahabaahu heads on through the hills towards an island that is occupied predominantly by a bangla speaking Muslim community who are involved in extensive farming.
After breakfast we enjoy a talk on 'Assam, its geographical location in the national and international context and how it is acclaiming recognition'
After the visit to this village we return to the ship for lunch and sail towards Orang Point.
We enjoy A talk on 'The River Brahmaputra and the tribal life’ over a cup of tea and some snacks.
We anchor at a deserted island for the evening and enjoy sitting around a bonfire to indulge in barbequed snacks.
Overnight on board MV Mahabaahu (B, L, D)
Day 3: (TUESDAY): SAIL TO SILGHAT/ VISIT TEA ESTATE AND/OR JUTE MILL/ DEPARTURE
MV Mahabaahu sails early and we enjoy Yoga on the deck and move on for breakfast and for a talk on 'Wild life in Kaziranga and wild life in India'
We sail on for the next couple of hours and enjoy a relaxed lunch and reach Silghat. After a talk on ‘Tea and Jute in Assam’, we take a short drive to Kaliabore Tea Estate which is a vast expanse of undulating estate with tea bushes, watching the tribal women pick tea leaves. We proceed to the tea factory to see the process of finally producing Assam Tea and coming to terms with ‘all that goes into preparing a cup-of-tea.
(The tea factory is not operational from mid- December to mid -February as the tea is at its dormant stage during this time of the year)
After visiting Tea Estate departure transfer to onward destination by on your own.
Overnight at the Resort (B, L)
End of 2 nights 3 days Upstream Cruise on MV Mahabaahu in the Brahmaputra River in Assam, India
- 2 Nights / 3 Days MV Mahabaahu Upstream Cruise Program
- All below prices are in Indian Rupees on a Twin sharing basis.
- Prices are valid for October, 2016 until April, 2018
Except for the Christmas & New Year Eve Supplement
(Double Occupancy only)
|Price Per Person on twin sharing basis||INR 48,000*||INR 55,000*||INR 73,000*|
|Single Room Supplement||INR 43,000*||INR 48,000*||INR 73,000*|
- Above Cruise Prices are NOT Inclusive of 9% Govt. Service Tax and any further tax levied by the government of India.
- Meal Plan details: B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner
- Christmas Eve Supplement would be : INR 5000 Per person
- New Year Eve Supplement would be : INR 5000 Per person
- Arrival & Departure transfer Included.
Inclusions & Exclusions:
OUR QUOTE INCLUDES: -
- Accommodation at M.V Mahabaahu on twin sharing basis on a full board plan.
- All Entrance fees at the Monuments as per the itinerary.
- 1 Glass of Domestic wine/beer with Welcome dinners.
- All excursions/lectures/performances and activities as per the itinerary.
- Services of English speaking naturalist / Destination Manager during sightseeing at all the places as per the itinerary.
- Assistance on Arrival transfers with Representative at the airport and Land transport by Air-Conditioned vehicles.
THE ABOVE COST DOES NOT INCLUDE: -
- Expense of personal nature like laundry, telephone/fax calls, internet, imported wines & spirits, camera/video camera fee at monuments/National Park, medical expenses, Salon/massages, airport departure tax etc.
- Any Insurance.
- Any further tax levied by the government of India.
- Evacuation charges in case of medical emergencies, insurance is available on request.
- Expenses caused by factors beyond our control like rail and airplanes delays, roadblocks, vehicle malfunctions, political disturbances, taxes, lost luggage, etc.
- Govt. service tax 4.5%
- Any tipping, Suggested Tipping for the ship’s crew is INR 4,000 per person for the cruise and for the naturalist and Destination Manager we also recommend INR 4,000 per person for the cruise. Tips to safari and vehicle drivers are not included and we suggest an amount of approximately INR 1,400 per person.
- International & Domestic Air fares.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Supplement would be applicable for Christmas and New Year Ever Dinner.
- Any Departure Transfer from Silghat or Tea State.
WEATHER AND SEASONAL INFORMATION:
There are four distinct seasons in Assam - summer, monsoon, autumn and winter. The best time to visit Assam is in the autumn and winter seasons, i.e. from October to April, which is also the festive season of Assam.
While winter days are usually sunny, the temperature can fall to 8 degrees Celsius (46 F) at night.
Our cabins are air conditioned and heated for your comfort, but you should include warm clothing, hats and jackets in your packing when visiting during the winter months.
Kaziranga National Park is open from 15th October until the 30th of April. During the first half of October and May, the Park has a “Partially Open” status which means that the Park will be open but that not all roads may be navigable as they work to restore them to pre monsoon standards.
Please note, there are no elephant-backed or jeep safaris between May and the first half of October. Boat safaris will be offered instead during these months. During the months that the Kaziranga National Park is closed, we are able to explore the shores of the Park with our expedition boats. We will cruise the Park shoreline and many of the riverine islands that are home to a number of animals and a wide variety of birds.
During the peak winter season of mid-December to mid-February, the itinerary will be adjusted according to daylight hours as the M.V. Mahabaahu does not sail during darkness. In order to provide for full coverage of the Kaziranga National Park during these winter months, we will not visit Bishwanath Ghat.
RIVER CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER:
River cruising in this part of the world is an adventurous experience. Assam is still in the developing stages of tourism and the developing infrastructure is rushing to keep pace with the rapidly growing interest in this part of India. As such, our voyage is an expedition-style cruise with all creature comforts on-board. Our shore-side staff will make every effort to attend to your comfort during onshore expeditions. However, vehicles and roads may not be of the same standard that you have experienced elsewhere, although we use the best of what is available locally.
Please note, this itinerary is subject to weather and river conditions. The Captain/Cruise Director reserves the right to adjust the itinerary for passenger safety and comfort.
The Brahmaputra River is subject to seasonal fluctuations. Islands and sand bars can appear and disappear between one sailing and the next. Also, being one of the highest precipitation zones in the world, our program is subject to weather and River conditions.
Also, we reserve the right to convert the direction of the cruise from upstream to downstream or vice versa without any compensation.